If you are looking for the ideal flooring for your lounge, look no further than hardwood, which for many Australian homeowners, is their favourite flooring material. Timeless and elegant, a hardwood floor will last for decades and with so many finishes and designs, there is something for everyone, and if you are planning to install a hardwood floor, here are just a few of the benefits that you can expect to enjoy.
- Durable and Long-Lasting – A hardwood floor will last you for many decades and if you are looking for hardwood in Brisbane, there are specialist flooring companies that offer a wide range of timber species that are ideal for floors. Once you have made contact with an established timber flooring company, they would be happy to send an expert to your home, where you can view the many fine finishes, plus they can quote you a fair price. If ever you decide to sell your home and move to another area, hardwood floors are a very attractive feature that would encourage a quick sale.
- Aesthetically Appealing – Nothing beats a hardwood floor when it comes to visual appeal, and with sealant and stain, you can really bring up a shine on your hardwood floor. There are many shades of brown, from very light, to very dark, and with a professional installation, your floor will always look like it has just been installed.
- Easy to Maintain – All you need to do is polish the flooring to give it a nice shine, and if you invest in a heavy-duty hard floor polisher, your flooring will always look like it should. Every 4-5 years, you could have the floor sanded and resealed, giving you a new finish that stands the test of time. Sanding the floor will reveal a new layer of timber grain, and with various shades of stain, you can actually change the colour of the floor if you should wish.
- Great Insulation – Most hardwood floors have a cork backing, which does add a level of softness underfoot, plus it also offers you some insulation, keeping the floor warm in the colder months. Once sealed, the floor will not soak up water and with a little TLC, the floor will always look its very best.
- Can Be Installed on Any Substrate – A solid hardwood floor can be installed on any substrate and it might require lining, which is something to discuss with the flooring company. The ground preparation is usually minimal when installing hardwood flooring and with a professional team of installers, the floor can be finished in a single day.
If you would like a quote for hardwood flooring, simply Google an established flooring company that services your area and they would be happy to send an expert to your home, where you can discuss the many options. There are, of course, many different species of hardwood, which is something to discuss with the representative, and hopefully, you can come to an agreement and an installation date can be set.